Do you ever have times when you find it difficult to relax due to your overactive mind? Also times when you cannot concentrate on learning something because you have other things on your mind?
Sometimes it is not convenient to have this internal dialogue. NLP has borrowed a technique from Hawaii, called the Hakalua which comes from ancient Huna. In NLP we call it The Learning State.
The Learning State is absolutely sure to help you in a learning environment to concentrate on learning. It is sure to help the knowledge go straight in and to stay there. We teach it to children, and it never fails to help them improve their grades.
Here’s what you do to get into the Learning State:
- While facing straight ahead, pick a spot on the wall to look at. Preferably the spot will be above eye level so that your field of vision seems to rest up against your eyebrows, leaving you with full vision.
- As you stare at this spot just let your thoughts come and go, and focus all your attention on this spot.
- Notice as you stare at the spot that within a few minutes your vision begins to spread out. Allow it to continue to do that. You begin to see more in your peripheral than you do in the central part of your vision.
- Now, pay attention to the peripheral. Pay more attention to the peripheral than to the central part of your vision.
- If you are looking at a wall, begin to notice that you can see the corners of the room, the ceiling and the floor, all without moving your eyes.
As you stay in this state, notice how you feel, notice what you can see. Then bring your eyes down onto the instructor and stay in peripheral vision. That’s it. The learning state!
I also get kids and teen to imagine when they walk in to the classroom, that the trap door on top of their head is opening and all the you will learn will flow inside. When its time to leave class, the trap door is closed and locked with all the information from class. Imagine how good it will feel to know that all the info is there for you to recall and retrieve! I can help your child with releasing negative emotions (anger, sadness, fear, hurt guilt, depression and anxiety) and limiting beliefs that hold them back from reaching the goals they want and deserve. Short term therapy with long term results!
I’m Lynn Thier, a Master NLP Coach, Master Practitioner of Time Line Therapy (R) and Hypnotherapy. Contact me today for a 30 min free conversation on how i can help you get rid of that problem or achieve the goals you want!