Learning to love your body: Complete the following steps to help improve your body image and your health and fitness.
Step One: What’s realistic for you?
- Is there a history of excess fat in your family?
- Which parts of your body or your physical attributes are you satisfied with?
- What is the lowest weight you have maintained as an adult for at least one year?
- Based on your genetic predisposition, your age and the amount of time you want to spend exercising, what type of “ideal” physique is achievable for you?
Step Two: I need a little help from my friends!!
Surround yourself with positive, supportive, empowering people who will challenge you to be your best. Keep people around who are part of the solution not part of the problem.
Step Three: Be active everyday and make healthy food choices at least 80% of the time!
Step Four: Manage your thoughts:
One aspect of gaining control is understanding the role of negative and irrational thinking. We are often our own worst critics and can be so hard on ourselves. Here are some examples of things you may have said to yourself which can sabotage your efforts:
- I missed my workout. I’m a total loser!
- If I don’t starve myself I’ll get fat!
- Since I pigged out at lunch, the whole day is ruined. I might as well stuff myself today and start all over again tomorrow!
- Things always go wrong! I’m such a failure!
- I’ll be happy once I lose the weight!
- My thighs are the fattest I’ve ever seen!
- If I lose weight, then my boyfriend will pay more attention to me.
- Why do I have such bad will-power?
- Why couldn’t I just have been born with a perfect body?
- I’ve got to lose 20 pounds within a month to get ready for my vacation or my holidays will be ruined!
- I’ll always be like this!
- I can’t seem to do anything right!
- Why would anybody love me?
Your unconscious mind hears all your thoughts and acts on them, brings you more of what you don’t want and gets confused when you don’t give clear direction and orders to follow. Get into rapport with you unconscious mind, tell yourself what you want only! AND… When you find yourself saying things to yourself that you would never say to another human being, try the following:
- Listen to your thoughts at the times when you feel worst and listen for irrational/negative thinking. You can acknowledge the thoughts/feelings
- Dispute these thoughts by asking “Why is this so?”, “Where is this negativity coming from?” ”
- Imagine repeating what you’ve said to a close friend or child? We could never imagine talking to others as we talk to ourselves. The next time you catch yourself thinking irrationally or negatively, ask yourself if you’d ever speak this way to another human being. You deserve the same type of respect you’d give anybody else! Your self-esteem can end up taking a real beating.
- Displace continuing irrational beliefs by techniques of
- Thought stopping (when worrying, think of a stop sign and then pleasant thoughts) or say cancel, clear, delete and put a positive thought in
- Stress management (when worrying, participate in your favorite relaxation techniques like massage, deep breathing, reading, baths, journal writing, have a reiki session etc.)
- Release the negative emotions/using emotion code energy healing
- Learn to live in the moment and to experience true joy in your life. Stop worrying about the past or the future.
- Each night before you fall asleep, make a mental note of what was the best part of your day or of something that you experienced that you really appreciated or enjoyed.
- Live today! Self-hatred takes a lot of time and energy. Obsessing about your body weight, nutrition plan and exercise program leaves you tired and depressed. Deciding to not enjoy the here-and-now because you’ve decided to wait until you lose the weight will leave you feeling deprived and will often lead to more negative feelings and behaviors. Remember that thin thighs, a small butt and a 6-pack set of abdominals is not the ticket to a meaningful existence. Fill your life with interesting experiences and people and you’ll enjoy a much higher quality of life. You can still enjoy life heating healthy, moving your body in healthy ways and thinking happy thoughts.
Lynn often combines Time Line Therapy(R) with Emotion Code Energy Healing and / Or Hypnosis!
Contact Lynn to Schedule your consultation today!
To Your Health, Results and Success!