Many tough weight loss obstacles are psychological, such as:
- Depending on food to medicate painful emotions
- Compulsively eating to fill an inner void
- Being raised (trained) to perceive food as a reward
- Being raised among obese people
- Using fat as a protective emotional shield
- Using your weight to make you unattractive to the opposite sex
- Losing weight does not necessarily make you happier, according to research
Some reasons for long-term obesity are physiological:
- Your body wanting to maintain your current weight as a set point
- Insulin resistance that produces wild sugar cravings
- Side effects of many pharmaceutical medications
- Thyroid and hormonal deficiencies and imbalances
For most of us, the combination of physical and psychological factors puts weight loss goals out of reach, even though the short and long-term consequences are disastrous. Is using hypnosis for weight loss still a viable alternative? Yes.
The real benefit of hypnosis does not come from a magic spell that works in spite of you. Hypnosis for weight loss is not magic. When it works as it should, hypnosis makes it much easier to do what you need to in order to lose weight. You can stick to your healthy diet, avoid temptations, and feel more motivated to exercise.
But you still need to follow through. It’s still up to you. Hypnosis can be a marvelous weight loss tool in your belt, but not a quick fix that requires no added effort on your part. The good news? You will enjoy the effort with the help of an effective hypnosis protocol. That’s what makes all the difference!
Studies On Using Hypnosis To Lose Weight
Hypnosis is used to address a wide range of different problems, from weight loss and bad eating habits, to fears and phobias, addictions and even obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Many dismiss weight loss hypnosis as a fad or quack medicine, but the scientific research into this form of therapy has revealed something very different: hypnosis is a very effective method for weight loss in many individuals.
One study (Effectiveness of hypnosis as an adjunct to behavioral weight management – Journal of Clinical Psychology, 41, 35-41) revealed that 41% of individuals who used hypnotherapy for weight loss achieved or exceeded their weight loss goals, compared to just 11% in the other group, which underwent behavioral conditioning. A follow-up evaluation at the two-year mark revealed that the study participants who had utilized hypnotherapy had a significantly higher rate of success in continuing their weight loss after the conclusion of the study and maintaining a healthy weight in the long term
Bottom line: hypnosis for weight loss is not a magic cure that requires nothing more. It does make your efforts easier and more enjoyable. Hypnosis can make weight loss possible where it may have never been possible before.
Interested in trying hypnosis for weight loss? I have 3 programs available.
- One on One 3 session series that combines hypnosis with emotion code energy healing and nutrition education & Meal Plan
- Small group online 4 week program that also includes nutrition education & Meal Plan
- One on one 6 week Gastric Band Specialized Program which combines Hypnosis, Emotion Code Energy Healing, Nutrition handouts/Meal plans
Lynn often combines Holistic Nutrition with Time Line Therapy(R) with Emotion Code Energy Healing and / Or Hypnosis!
To Your Health, Results and Success!